Saturday, October 17, 2009

Who Am I?


New Life Brings New Identity

Being a Christian is not just a matter of getting something; it is a matter of being someone. A Christian is not simply a person who is forgiven and goes to heaven. A Christian, in terms of his or her deepest identity, is a saint, a spiritually born again child of God, a divine masterpiece, a child of light, a citizen of heaven. What you receive as a Christian isn't the point; it is who you are.

A Radical Illustration

Let's say the runner is Eric Liddle - he was committed to Christ, but he was also very fast and represented Scotland in the Olympics.

When the race was posted for his event, Liddle discovered his race was to be held on a Sunday. Eric Liddle was committed to God and he decided not to compromise what he believed. So he withdrew from a race he might have won.

Why didn't Eric Liddle run? Because he recognized that he was first and foremost a child of God and he believed that competing on Sunday would compromise who he was. His belief about himself and his purpose in life determined what he did.

-- Neil Anderson.

**********

Who am I? I asked some of my friends.

I'm not that fat/skinny;
I'm not horny but secretly innocent (I'm not, really);
I hope I'm not siu jie;
I'm not scandalous;

Well, now I know I'm not just Christina; I am a child of God.
Hee hee.

So today I'm going to choose that I will not attempt to study, and continue reading Neil Anderson's book. :D



No comments: