Thursday, April 21, 2011

An Excerpt


Because I typed this in when I didn't have my journal with me, and thought I'd just share a little bit of what goes on in my journal.


Dear Jesus,

Thank you for being real in my life, in many new ways. I hope I don't get caught up and miss out on your Presence that's everywhere at anytime - let it be something that's so evident in my life that You/people just can't miss it.

Lord, I must say that I've been feeling lost, purposeless, flighty because I'm not hearing you the way I used to - the thought of not having Jesus close to me like He used to scared me, it still does. But you, You are my Father, You are my Best Friend, You are my Provider, You are my Strength and my Joy, You are my Teacher, You are my Guider, You are my heart-to-heart Person, You are my Refuge and Shelter, You rescue me and You love me like no one can, You satisfy me, You make me new, You forgive me. You are my God.

When am I gonna stop talking about how I can't feel God's Presence that's so abundant? When will I learn to admit that it's NOT about how I feel, but rather it's about what God has planned to do. I wonder how much 'practice' pastors get at this. Lord, You're all I have out here - like I said, I love Melbourne because it's where I can really get time off to look to Jesus.

May my life reflect your Glory and be a life of worship to you. Help me to remember that there's no limit to God; His surprises are never ending, and they're all for the Glory of His Name.

Jesus, be my everything, be what's left of my 2011 - and more.

--Christina, 03/04.



No comments: