Thursday, December 27, 2012

'Tis The Season



“It’s here, it’s here! The SALE is here!”

I am beginning to shift about my chair as I wait for lunch time and after I get off this call with customer service.

“The first thing I’ll do is hunt for the clutch, and then the top.” 

I strut off in my not-so-comfortable heels and head for the shop. I enter and I smile sheepishly to myself. Let it begin.

Half an hour later, I’m done. Feels… good?

Hold it right there.

Am I missing something?

**********

Young adults, what do you look forward to as we approach the year-end?

Vacations, parties, beautiful decorations, carols, year-end sales, bonus, pay rise, spending time with people, etc. Wow!

Am I missing something?

You silly girl.

You’re missing the point.

On Tuesday, we celebrated Christmas.
We celebrate Jesus Christ, the gift of God to us, who redeems us from our imperfections and showers us with His perfect love.

So many distractions, so little time.


Bright Christmas stars shine on high,
Golden stars in the wintry sky,
Christmas candles in windows bright,
Sends greeting into the night,
While in our hearts the Christmas flame,
Glows with love like His who came,
The infant Christ of lowly birth,
To bring hope and peace to earth.
-- Wilson Soo, 2012



I want to celebrate Jesus every day.



No comments: