Thursday, March 29, 2012

Skinny Love


I am honoured to have friends who aren't shy to ask me what's the secret without hesitation. The rest of you can still ask, you know!

Quick updates on what I've been up to these three months into 2012. I honestly cannot believe that it has been three months. Have I achieved anything? Not too sure.

Well, I started work, if that's anything. It's definitely something to me, beginning a new chapter in life where I thank God for my job everyday. And at the raw age of 20, I constantly feel like I'm being watched by colleagues and peers. Andrew says I'm too paranoid; but it is a tough world out there.

Speaking of chapters, I'm currently reading a book! Unbelievable - I've only got a quarter of the book left. Well, the half hour train ride gives me time.

My treasured weekends so far have all been well spent. Pork noodles, brunches and lunches with the usual, the Hot Air Balloon festival with my darling Sara, meeting up with Ilina after 5 years of not seeing her, etc. etc. It's amazing! God is good. It's great being in good company which I've missed since going to Melbourne.

Melbourne. Place of growth, good food and good company... and expensive things. I graduated from the University of Melbourne as Class of 2011 with distinction in the Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance). The ceremony was lovely; I was one of the very few who wore a long dress. I had a wonderful day, taking a crazy amount of pictures, seeing my beloved friends, and ending the day with one of the best meals I've ever had in Melbourne at the Hilton. Trust me, it is not expensive. The food was perfect, and dessert was on the house in light of the celebration of the night.

Yes yes, I am just going on and on about my recent life - recent being the past five months or so.

Tonight was my first late night at work. I was the first in the team to leave at 11.15pm while the rest stayed until 12am, I think. It's now 1.40am. I foresee a very grumpy me tomorrow morning.

Oh yes, my parents have graciously blessed me with a car! Thank you God. No, I've yet to seriously drive it yet. I challenge you to teman me drive. If you're up for the challenge, please text me and we can meet this Saturday morning - I'll drive us to breakfast.

I've received three paychecks to date and I'm starting to belanja people - i.e. my family members and close friends. It feels... good. Shopping feels even better. Remind me to chalk up my 1Q12 expenses by Friday if you read this.

Living with my family in my house is different from living on my own in Melbourne. DUH. I don't have enough willpower to make my own lunches anymore, or cook or bake. Recently we've been watching a lot of the Food Channel. It has inspired me to make something! Perhaps I'll attempt this over the weekend and surprise myself with my baking talent. Haha.

Okay, goodnight! :)
Maybe I'd wanna do a 365 challenge.


   

No comments: