Tuesday, April 10, 2012

More Than Arm's Length




We sometimes I often take Grace too lightly. Pride makes me think that with Grace, I can do anything I want and get away with it. This Easter I was humbled yet again. The word God spoke was not “Grace” as I had expected.

The word was Redemption.
To recover, pay off, exchange, compensate for the faults of

Out of Grace He paid the full price – His life for mine – whilst I paid… nothing really. It certainly wasn’t a peaceful death, He was crucified (and The Passion of Christ was not fictitious).

Easter: because He lives, I can face tomorrow with Victory.
I deserved it, He didn’t. How can you say “No” to Jesus for that? After crying my tears dry during The Passion, I don’t even know what else to do to say “Thank You Jesus”. Except maybe, praise Him every day of my life.

I said THE prayer again on Easter Sunday. It went like this:
“Dear Lord Jesus, I acknowledge that I am not perfect and can never be. Thank you for dying on the cross to redeem me from my sins. I believe that you are my Saviour and I need you in my life. Please come into my heart. I want to learn to love you, pray, read my Bible and live for you. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.” 

I haven’t cried so much this weekend since… last year’s LTC Retreat. Homg it felt so good.

Every sunrise should be an Easter sunrise. Remember the Victory.



No comments: