Thursday, October 11, 2012



11 Oct 201, Thursday

Sometimes I just really feel like writing something – anything – even if it’s just jibberish thoughts in my brain. It’s probably because since I started work (I always wonder how is it that I manage to sound as if I’ve been working for years when I've only been employed for 9 months), it’s always been typing-typing-typing-excel shortcuts-typing-printing-typing and filing. Most of the time, the only writing that happens is when I write down the things that I need to be typing later.

Look at my unstructured, grammatically incorrect, overly lengthy sentences – they’re beautiful!

9 months. In a very different context, a new creation would have been birthed (I don’t know if this is correct English – see, the deterioration of my grammar  makes me want to pick up a book now). Reproduction! I missed the mid-year mark for my personal 2012 review, so I thought I’d ‘take a stab’ at doing a 9-month review instead. After all, the 9-month levelling and one-on-one feedback sessions are coming up – it’s indicative, you know.

Yesterday (or was it the day before yesterday), I stumbled upon a blog (more like ‘came across’ rather than ‘stumbled upon’) that covers a few tracks: food, travel, life, and joy. The ‘joy’ tab caught my eye. Kenny Mah – sound familiar? – writes for The Malaysian Insider sometimes, but he keeps a personal blog. What I found intriguing was that he could write reviews of food, places, events and the like but still preserve a personal touch when he writes of his day-to-day occurrences – e.g. arguing with his better half (quote, unquote). And his style of writing is slightly enigmatic and witty at the same time. I quite like. I immediately did a Ctrl+T+’blogger.com’.

Cheers to inspirational authors.
Cheers to The Author of my life, and all its nitty-gritty deets.

Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 
-- Hebrews 12:1-2

P.S. That was one lengthy sentence - but still so beautiful.

Much love, 
Christina.



No comments: