Wednesday, September 26, 2012

21: Unmasked #1: The Brother


[START: Polished version]

Hi everyone.

How are you? You're all wonderfully dressed tonight. Hope you've enjoyed the night so far,and the food.

We all know why we're here, right? To celebrate my one and only beautiful sister's 21st birthday!

She's maturing into a young woman and I've had the privilege of seeing her grow, both spiritually and physically since she returned from Melbourne.

When she was away, it wasn't how I expected it to be. At first I was overjoyed because I can have everything to myself and I will have more 'me' time. But that feeling definitely slowly faded away when we grew closer and closer as brother and sister.

Now that she's back, my sister works ‘til very late because that's how working life is supposed to be. She’s all the way in kl while we're in Subang. Sometimes I would only get to see her for a few minutes of the day or just before I sleep. But there are other times where we got to spend a whole weekend witheach other, go on road trips, etc etc. Even so, the few moments seeing her at home and knowing she's safe is enough. Rather than not seeing her at all for the half year period when she's in Melbourne, or only seeing her through the computer screen on Skype.

I could never wish for a more kind-hearted-beautiful-caring-composed-intelligent-outgoing-thoughtful-patient-independent sister. ;)

Sometimes I see my friends who hate their sisters and I think to myself: Why can't they get along? It's a war zone between them.
Then I realized that the answer is that their sisters aren’t like mine.

Yes, we've had A LOT of ups and downs, but that doesn't discount the fact that she is my sister and will forever be no matter what.

I remember the good times we had together as a family, where we would just sit in the living room and go through older photos – e.g. when we were babies, during our overseas holidays, etc. To some of you if you see them it might just be just another ordinary photo. But to me, each photo tells a story and shares a memory.

I've been so blessed lately – e.g. surprise birthday party my family planned for me – that I just want to bless them with what I can. So I'd like to hand you something Mummy and I made (mainly Mummy – I helped) and I'd like the birthday girl to come up an receive it!

Photo credits: Victor Yu (click! for album)

You're welcome!! Hoho.

I’m sad that I can’t present my gift to her today, amongst all the other gifts, but it's coming soon! And I hope it'll be as unexpected as what you can imagine.

Hope you have a blast for your 21st, and may God pour his favor upon you.

Blessed 21st birthday, my dearest beloved sister.

Sekian, terima kasih. :3


[END]



No comments: